Monday, February 15, 2010

books. longish, and confusing.

Well got that book done, but it took some time. I am glad I read it, but well it will take some time. It was so hard to get into. It was hard to relate to characters who took it for granted that others could and did own a part of them. Let me explain a bit more. The main in this book is a man who had himself frozen sometime around now. it dose not give a date. But it feels like it would be around now. Anyway he is a billionaire type and depend a bundle developing then hiding a self powering cryogenic unit. Then bought a played out mine and used it as his death/ freeze site. Years latter he is found and woken up. Soisity has suffered what sounds like a complete economic collapse brought about by V. R. and a few wars, some involving small nukes. And recovered from it in a odd way. People are broking in to stocks at birth, so many thousands of shares, I don't remember how many. Anyway right away the government gets 5% of them. It can not, by law, take more or less. Parents get 20% then the rest gets sold to pay for education and stuff, unless you are wealthy. Up to a certain %, which at the time of the book is at 25%. If you do not have 70% you are pretty much controlled by your share holders. though the more you own of you them more say you have.
In many cases that was a majority of them. The large number of there sosity spent most of there life just trying to get a marjorty in them selves and even if they got it there was no garinty that they would not lose it. They could be forced to sell it for economic reasons, or sued for it in courts. And they just accepted it, by in large. They thought it was the right way to do things that there civilization was better than any that had come before. Now given there was no homeless, and it looks like everyone had good medcale care. So it that way it was better. But to acepect being owned! It was a strange book. I am sure there is more to it than what I got from it. It is just that type of book.
After that I had a nice light read though a different time tripping book, Found. Hard to explain with out given some away. Some guys from the furtcher take kids from the past to there time to be adopted, turning them, the kids, into baby as they go back. One of there shipments gets lost in our time and can not be found for thirteen years. So those babys grow up knowing nothing tell one day things start coming out. It was defiantly writing for younger kids, and not as good as some of the writers other books. But I will be reading the next once it hits pb.
Up next is Gone., A book in which all adults vanish. It sounds like it will be good, and it is a new to me write. Anther plus. but I also get a kick out of the names. they are each first books of a set. Not that that matters.
Well I have blathered on long enough to have driven anyone insane. Not that it borths me. What was I. Oh thats right. Back to the point. Man I really should edit this more. There I go again.
It is decidedly time I say
Good Night and Good Dreams,
Oh Imagainray reader.
Now go take something for that headache. you need something if you read all this.

1 comment:

Idaho Sutters said...

Rosezeata I am not imaginary. I did not take tylenol. I'm still upright. Never fear.