Friday, November 1, 2013

It is november.

So it is that time of year again, and no not turkey.I am sure you know what I mean. After all i have gone on about it before so I will spare you. I just want to share this small bit of my writing. though be warned I think it is one of the dullest openings ever. It tells you very little about the book. maybe I will share another bit here if it get better. But if not it will be on my other blog. Yes it has a content warning, and yes there is a reason it dose. but so far this story doesn't need it. And I don't think it will, but then what do I know. Anyway here you go.


"“We must keep ourselves pure, free from the taint that fills the world. For our wise and knowing Lord commands that we suffer not the witch! We must keep all beings, all symbols of this corrupt and tainted world out of our town! We must sanctify our selves! Keep our selves and our lands clear of the magical plague.” Sara bit her lip so as to not laugh out loud. She didn’t need the lecture that would get her. She had enough as it was. Still it was so hard. How could he be so dense? There was a gnome standing on the podium in front of him, imitating his every move, and there he was saying we could not allow them into town.  It was times like this she really hated the way her eyes worked, as clearly only she could see it. If only she dared look away, but that would be taken as giving the pastor less than her full attention, and she didn’t need to be corrected again today. She forced her mind back on the words, hoping the sermon was about over."

No comments: